Our current Brother HL-2170W network printer has it’s good days and it’s bad days.
Most of the time, the printer works great on our wired network. But some days it decides to spit the dummy and not print via the network card. The only way to fix this problem is to reset the network settings. How do you do this I hear you ask. Well, follow these simple steps and you will be up and running in no time.
- Turn off the printer
- Hold down the “Go” button and turn on the printer
- When all 3 lights are on, release the button
- Now press the button 7 times. The printer has now reset the network settings
- With the printer on, press the GO button three times. Configuration sheets will spit out. The last page is the one with the network settings
- On a PC that is connected to the same network as the printer, type in any browser “http://<ip address>” eg http://172.16.1.100. This will open the configuration page of the printer. You can now adjust the print and network settings. The default administrator username and password is admin/access.