I thought that I would have an HP TouchPad that did not work on my company proxy/ISA server. After a few emails to HP, I found that an HP employee has created an app that can enable and disable the use of Proxy servers on your TouchPad.
As yet, HP have not written an official GUI app to set and remove proxies. However an HP employee in Holland (Jochim) wrote a TouchPad App that sets proxies and saves proxy settings. You need to download the ipk file “com.palm.app.proxymanager_1.6.0_all.ipk” from this download location and it needs to be installed in the same manner as any ipk based or preware based app.
To install this app:
1. Download the application “com.palm.app.proxymanager_1.6.0_all.ipk” file to your PC from this download location.
2. Download WebOS Quick Install tool to your PC from the following link:
You need to have Java installed on your PC to be able to run this tool as described in the link above.
3. Enable developer mode on your device. To do this type the following to “Just Type” field on your TouchPad or “Find…” field on your Pre/Pixi device:
A developer mode icon will appear. Click that and turn on developer mode.
Your device will reboot.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable. Your device will prompt you with an option for “USB Drive” mode. Do NOT select that, instead just select
“Close” or “Just charge” whichever option is available.
5. Double click WebOS Quick Install .jar file you downloaded at step 2 to launch the tool.
You will see WebOS Quick Install window.
6. Drag and drop the “com.palm.app.proxymanager_1.6.0_all.ipk” file you downloaded at step 1 to
the “Files to install” list on WebOS Quick Install window and click the “Install” button.
The application should now be installed to your device and will likely be in the Apps tab.
NOTE: If webosquickinstall complains that it can’t find the Novacom drivers, you need to download the webOS doctor for the HP TouchPad. Run it but do not attach your HP TouchPad. When you run the webOS doctor it will install the novacom drivers and then ask you to attach your touchpad. At that point you can shut it down and start up webOS quickinstall.
HP TouchPad webOS version 3.0.2 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touchpad/p302r0d08012011/wifip302rod/webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jar